Babel Key is a great solution for your professional video dubbing requirements: we deal with every project on an individual basis, and with the utmost care, to ensure it receives a perfect localization process.
For us, perfection is never good enough, and we maintain this standard right up to the final delivery stages of your content.Ask for a quote
What exactly is Babel Key dubbing?
Dubbing by Babel Key provides you with a lot more than just basic dubbing. The content we deliver is produced to the highest quality standards and it is this that makes a difference between just a simple translation and a comprehensive video localization.
Video localization takes into account the context of the translated message, from synchronization right through to changing its cultural symbols, ensuring that all the content being presented can be understood by a completely different demographic segment, and speakers of an entirely different language.
Localizing, with the help of Babel Key dubbing service, ensures your video content is easily and widely understood.
Final delivery of content
Based on the type of content you require, your dubbed video can be delivered in different styles:
- Audio files (any format) containing lip-synced dubbing of your video using simultaneous translation.
In this case, the recording is synchronized with the frames of the source language video until the audio recording corresponds exactly to the movement of its speaker’s lips.
- Audio files (any format) containing lip-synced dubbing of your video using consecutive translation.
In this second case, the audio material contains a delayed translation, by only a few seconds, which appears after the source language speaker, in the video, has finished delivering their respective message.
Can we help you decide on which style of dubbing is best for your company?
The types of videos for which we can provide dubbing
The types of videos that we can provide dubbing for are:
- documentaries or presentational videos for companies. For these, we recommend using the consecutive translation style, so that the original voice of the speaker conveying the video message can be heard.
- feature films or animated films. For these, we recommend using the simultaneous translation style. This will allow for a full understanding of the entire story, while removing language barriers and perfectly synchronizing the translated message, and using the voices of the source language actors.
- corporate videos, tutorials, communications from the CEO, programmes for e-learning platforms, cross-branch team presentations etc.. Dubbing with either simultaneous or consecutive translation can be used for these, depending on your own preference or company requirements.
- personal videos, DIY presentations, “How to…” programmes, etc. For this type of content both styles of dubbing can be used, although in this case voice over recordings are the most cost-effective solution.
How we work?
For video dubbing we take your content through a complicated, though carefully adhered to, process, comprising the following stages:
- We give a quotation based on the style and volume of translation that is required.
- We wait to receive the source content from the client (i.e. video, audio, script etc.) and evaluate them.
- We translate the scripts, respecting the client’s requirements, the context of the narrative and the cultural aspects associated with the text.
- We assign a project manager who will carefully select the correct person to record and edit the audio file. This is a crucial stage in the process. Babel Key provides a person who will be dedicated to the entire project, and who can take responsibility for all its components and find a good final solution.
- A selection is made for the voice of the audio recording (this could be a professional actor or a native speaker of the target language).
- The actual audio file is finally recorded, with attention given to such aspects as the tone intonation, volume and quality.
- The editing of the audio. The project manager will make sure that the translated content does not contain errors, and is synchronized with the images contained in the video.
- Final delivery of the content, any format you would like.